Fruther proof that I am a brainwashed consumer

Behold the new Apple IPhone.

Sure is pretty, ain't it? Me wantssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, I don't know what it does different than my cell phone, nor do I really care. Apple has successfully brainwashed me with their gadgets (still resisting on the computer front though) and I am seriously thinking of just transfering all my money to Steve Jobs Bank account and get it over with. Would save time, no?

Comments

1. I’m with you SM!

I never had such an erection over a consumer device before. I only have three concerns:

1. Battery life
    2. Why know thumb scroll wheel on the side?
    3. Add a GPS and you have a car direction device

Other than that, if the touch screen is as good as advertised, Apple is on fire.

2. Danial brooks says:

I use to worship N70 but iphone has really changed my mind. Its simply gorgeous.
    I wonder if it’ll work with zyb.com (a syncML based online phone data backup service). I have never found anything reliable then zyb to secure and transfer data from one phone to another (especially if there are two different brands).

Does anyone know if it has syncML?

3. I’m waiting for the kinks (and you know there will be kinks) to be worked out in it first.

4. Yes I agree with you, this new phone is great. I only hope the price is going to be a bit lower in some years or so.

Thank you for sharing this story with me !

5. It’s a sweet phone, but at $500 or 600 USD on a 2 yr contract? And no service migration options? Also lacks video recording, lacks IM intergration, and heard nothing about games.
    The plus side should be the responses we see from the other manufacturers.
    *Awaits the PSP or Nintendo cellphone

6. What a bozo Steven Jobs is!

7. SoCalJustice says:

….my precious….

Looks like fun.

Until Apple tries to copyright the word “phone.”

8. annamouse says:

As a longtime Mac addcit let me say “come to the light, come to the light!” LOL I just love Uncle Steve and his bag of goodies. :)

9. Jason,
    actually there have been rumours about a PSP phone for almost two years now. Besides I recently read about a PSP clone from (surprise) china which actually is a cell phone and supports UMD games.

As for Apple: great show. But to be true not a single feature there which isn’t already present in other phones. Except for the multi-touch display. But If you already posses a totally overpriced iPod you’ll probably buy this one too :-)

10. Bah! Rumours!!

11. but doesn’t it feel amazing to be brainwashed by APPLE INC. (btw no more apple computers)

12. chellebelle_mn says:

We are brainwashed, I want one also. Apple is the toy commercial for adults…they dont even have to pay for ad time.. but me too wants

13. I must be the only person around who doesn’t have any interest in this, I guess :O

I could care less about playing .MP3s on anything less than an actual stereo system – my hearing ain’t so good and I need to crank it up.

If somebody wants to sell me something mroe than I phone, I want usable and affordable internet access (without getting raped on service fees and without only having access to proprietary content) and I want a usable keypad and a usable interface, and a large enough LCD screen that I can actually use things like e-mail without getting eyestrain and/or having to scroll up and down for 5 minutes trying to read e-mail.

Basically, I want a laptop that’s also a cellphone, that’s small enough to carry in a pocket, or at least on a belt clip. Is that so much to ask? I think not.

14. Bad news. Even though the OS is Mac OS X, it will be a closed system so hackers and hobbiest cannot write their own programs for it.

Hopefully they will realize that open is the way to go.

15. Apple? Open? That’ll happen when MS decides to release its source code…

16. Craig, I seem to be in the minority with you.

I’ve reviewed all the stats, watched all the videos of this thing. The first PDA phones from Verizon and Sprint could do all that stuff 4 years ago when I worked at Radioshack…and most of them had a built-in 1 megapixel camera. This just has what you’d expect from several years of development (higher color ratio/contrast, more memory), but nothing worth going nuts over. Heck, if my current cell’s screen were a touchscreen 2 1/2 times as large I’d have the same capabilities as iPhone, and I’m using a year old Motorolla.

This just seems to be more of the same trend of tech-fapping associated with Apple. Saw it with iPod, iMac, and now iPhone. Wonder if it’s because of the media’s hatred for Microsoft resulting in Apple Sympathy Syndrome.

17. “Heck, if my current cell’s screen were a touchscreen 2 1/2 times as large”

Exactly.. now ask yourself why it isn’t…

18. Ranba Ral says:

Because touchscreens are overpriced and wear out too quickly and if it were bigger it wouldn’t fit in my pocket.

19. We need a new phone and my teenaged son has been bugging me for one of these. He was trying to win me over by telling me all of its features. I tuned him out. The only thing that I remember is that the screen tilts. We love macs too. But all we need is a new phone…cordless, with a cord, but that is all. I am such a technological luddite :)

20. Indigo Emerald Lotus says:

I went with my friend to buy this phone on his Earthday last Monday (July 16th) and last night (July 23rd) the phone froze. He said it would not respond to his touch for about five minutes, then this really LOUD noise followed by a scary beeping screech happened. I smiled because I didnt feel that the phone was worthy of praise anyway. But I do feel bad becuase I would like to think that for the amount of money people are paying that they are getting a worthy phones and service.