Tararam

I still can't get that song out of my head! Damn you Mahmoud El 3eseily! Damn YOU!

12 Comments on Tararam

1. laura
    February 14, 2007 at 11:32 am

I only understood little bits of it… but it is quite catchy. When I was in Egypt, his song, Magnoona was stuck in my head after the first time I heard it. Still is at times. :P

2. Zvi
    February 14, 2007 at 2:04 pm

lyrics?

3. Hiro Yagamoto
    February 14, 2007 at 4:27 pm

It’s a fantastic song, and the whole album is highly recommended. This guy is a genious and he is really doing interesting things. Finally, Arabic music is taking even more exciting directions, and as expected, its coming from Egypt. Really, get the album and you will not regret it. The title track, Meen Ana is fucking awesome.

4. Zvi
    February 15, 2007 at 11:44 am

Nobody wants to summarize the lyrics?

5. Shaykh Yerbouti
    February 17, 2007 at 6:03 pm

You’re not the only one! I posted about the same video on Feb. 1st. I’m completely obsessed by that song; I made my language tutor walk me through the lyrics today, rather to his dismay. (He can’t be bothered to listen to anything that isn’t sung by Umm Kulthum or Abdel Halim.) I can’t wait until my grasp of 3aamiyya is good enough to catch all the words myself.

Fun blog, by the way!
    Shaykh Yerbouti

6. Zvi
    February 18, 2007 at 3:27 am

Hey, Shaykh, or SM, or someone -
    What ARE the lyrics? I rather imagine I know some of it but nobody here is obliging me by replying. lol

(It seems like a great song)

7. HeMadeMeDoIt
    February 18, 2007 at 4:48 am

The little girl is an identical knock off of my niece; down to the smile and dance with a lot less shitty attitude. I think its time to take the plunge and do the 15 hour flight.

Anyone catch the sign for 92 octane barseem?

8. Shaykh Yerbouti
    February 18, 2007 at 6:08 pm

Sigh…I saw the barsim sign, but didn’t get the 92 octane part. Zvi, you’re asking the wrong guy — look for someone with better fluency in ECA. In general, though, the song is a long double-entendre: he’s singing about how adorable and playful his little girl is, but in the video, half the time the words are actually being directed to his future wife, as he follows her down the street. Talking about how delicious the girl and how much everyone on the street wants to pick her up and keep her is rather different when you’re talking about the model he’s singing to, instead of the child.

9. titiana

كنا نجري وراها ونتمني كل رضاها بس نبقي عارفين اسمها ايييه ؟؟
    الحنيه والحلاوه والحريه والشقاوه والطعامه واللذاذه كنافه دي بقلاوه
    كل الناس اللي يشوفوها يبقوا عاوزين يخطفوها
    او يروحوا يطلبوها من عند بيت ابوها

10. Sarah
    May 11, 2007 at 2:36 pm

does any1 still wanna knw wot the lyrics mean?i can translate it word by wor as i am egyptian and speak fluent arabic so if any1 still wanna knw just say…soz but i dnt wnna do it for nuttin if it already has been done…the lyrics r quite long

11. jen
    June 24, 2007 at 8:09 pm

please i would love to have the english translation of the tararam lyrics :)