DC Anti-Mubarak Demo on Monday

If you are in the area, please make sure to pass by for me. If you have a blog, please repost this. Also, tell your friends who live nearby! If you have any questions, go here and ask Nora!

18 Comments on DC Anti-Mubarak Demo on Monday

1. Joan
    March 23, 2007 at 11:30 am

If you oust Mubarak, Bush will cry : he tekes great care of his puppets (Karzaï, Maliki, Abdullah of Jordan…)

2. Jeha
    March 23, 2007 at 11:53 am

Good luck to you guys… Moubarak is, by far, among the smartest dictators around.

I always wondered about the seating arrangement during Sadate’s assassination, and how “lucky” he was to escape…

3. misriya
    March 23, 2007 at 12:15 pm

I do have a question that doesn’t match the topic of your post, but I thought you might be able to answer it for me:
    do you know the blogger sabbah?? his page as always http://www.sabbah.biz
    but now it seems “they” shut it down for no reason… do you know something about it? would be very nice if you answered qiuckly

bye

4. CEP
    March 23, 2007 at 2:58 pm

Sam, I’ve posted the notice. Sorry you won’t be there in person!

5. Andrey
    March 23, 2007 at 4:10 pm

#3(misriya)
    Good, he was a real retard.

6. Tantor
    March 23, 2007 at 9:29 pm

It’s on a Monday, so my guess is that it will be a thin demonstration. If it were Saturday or Sunday I might have swung by and taken pix.

7. Stefania
    March 23, 2007 at 9:57 pm

Sam, you’ve got an email. It’s important.

8. Nora Younis
    March 24, 2007 at 4:46 am

Tanor, Saturday and Sunday the embassy is closed – Weekend.. we didn’t want to shout at an empty building :-)

Yet we planned it over lunch hour so you can pass by

try to make it

Nora

9. Patrick
    March 24, 2007 at 5:30 am

Honestly guys, Mubarak and his cabinet comprise the smartest government in the Middle East. Egypt’s foreign policy makes are absolutely brilliant and Egypt has the smartest foreign policy of seriously any country in the world, bar none. I want democracy too but seriously what would could do better than Mubarak? Egyptians need to change. They need to change their attitudes, their complacency, extremism, and laziness. Then, they can demand better governance.

10. __earth
    March 24, 2007 at 11:58 am

Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak is not much different from sacked Malaysian Deputy Prime Minister Anwar Ibrahim.

Anwar Ibrahim is a racist and a bigot who advocates apartheid towards those Malaysian citizens who are non Malays. That’s like Saddam Hussein’s apartheid towards ethnic Kurds.

I am very glad Anwar Ibrahim was sacked from his post as Deputy Prime Minister because if he was not sacked, Malaysia would probably be like Ba’athist Iraq.

p/s I am a libertarian, a green, and a humanist.

11. amr
    March 24, 2007 at 2:56 pm

Hi, I admire the fact that in Egypt there are some people who are not afarid to speak their mind and say what they believe in, right or wrong. But the picture of the Egyptian flag with the “Nesr” turned upside down bothered me. Sure, I dont like a lot of the things that are happening now in Egypt, and I am glad someone is saying something about it. But to see the flag of the country that I love treated in this way is very troubling to me. Why cant we learn good things from the Americans like respect and reverence for our national flag?

12. Louise
    March 25, 2007 at 3:07 am

Re. the upside down flag, perhaps it’s a response to a “L’etat c’est moi” mentality among the ruling elite.

13. Eva. Canada
    March 25, 2007 at 5:22 am

Suppose you get rid of Mubarak. Suppose the MB gets the power. Would you be better off? I sincerely doubt it. Until Egypt builds a strong secular opposition party, this anti-Mubarak protest is pointless.

14. Roman Kalik
    March 25, 2007 at 2:10 pm

Amr, upside-down flags in the US at least, signify distress and a call for help. It’s not a sign of disrespect.

15. __earth
    March 28, 2007 at 11:52 am

Dear blog owner,

comment number 11 was done by an impostor and is not me. Please delete it or at least, please a notice about it.

16. Cheap Website Hits
    November 3, 2012 at 12:55 pm

I just could not go away your site prior to suggesting that I actually enjoyed the usual information a person provide to your visitors? Is gonna be again steadily in order to inspect new posts

2Pingbacks & Trackbacks on DC Anti-Mubarak Demo on Monday