Living without Toilet Paper

A Manhattan family is attempting to live for a year without impacting the environment negatively. No A/C, No Electricity, No Washing machine, No Plastics, No Trash and No Toilet Paper. I may not share their views, but damn do I admire their conviction! Let's hope Al Gore Follows suit, I am sure he could last a week. Can't say the same about Tipper* though.

*Ok, is it just me, or is Tipper Gore the only woman called Tipper in the US? I have never met a Tipper in my life, neither does anyone I know, have you? Who the hell would name their kid Tipper anyway?

0 comment on Living without Toilet Paper

1. chrisse
    September 25, 2007 at 7:27 am

Tipper is a nickname, not her real name.

My uncle’s nickname for my aunt was Tootie, and we called her Aunty Tootie. I think her real name was Mary. (Just joshing, I know her real name was Mary).

2. nomad
    September 25, 2007 at 10:54 am

it sound pretty like a non-sense for the preservation of the world, kind of “anorexie” crisis : too radical !

3. Ed Flinn
    September 25, 2007 at 12:51 pm

I once knew a guy called Tupper, also a nickname, but no Tippers.

4. stubby
    September 25, 2007 at 4:25 pm

It’s a peculiar Southern habit – hopefully dying out in our generation – of grown women keeping their little girl nicknames well into old age. A former US Comptroller is married to a lady universally known as Puddin’. Seriously. She must be closing in on 70, a very dignified lady, and everyone calls her Puddin’.

I call my little girl Goofy Butt, but I don’t expect her to keep that name into her adulthood.

5. Jackp1ne
    September 25, 2007 at 5:09 pm

What these people are doing might be a bit extreme for most people but every one can do small things that really won’t impact their daily lives at all but that will help the environment.

6. Bald-Headed Geek
    September 26, 2007 at 6:22 pm

Do you REALLY want to meet someone named “Tipper”??????????

BHG