The Life I lead

It's raining heavily outside since yesterday, so much that I opted against wearing my business suit attire and went to work in casual cloths. So, here I am, walking into my very egyptian, very islamist company, wearing cargo pants, my T-shirt that says "I am not an alcoholic, I am a drunk. alcoholics go to meetings", and my Full Tilt Poker hat.

I would be so getting my ass kicked if they knew how to read english!

Comments

1. climate change ? here was sunshine

2. Sandmonkey, you ROCK!! Love your writing!!

3. wonderingjew says:

dude, sounds like you raided my closet…glad to see you are back writing and entertaining us…you were missed

4. egy=peter says:

that shit aint funny man, lay off all the derrogatory crap about egypt for fucks sake. Why the hell do u even work at an islamic & typically egyptian place if your suppossedely so well educated and hate islam and egypt so much – huh? Talk about alterior motives dude, you are planning something rotten man. I can smell it from here

5. anonymous says:

Sandmonkey…sometimes I think u r right on the money but most times I think u r a rebel without a cause…and I’m not sure if u r rebelling against being an Egyptian or being born a Muslim…or both…or why? what’s the point really?…either accept who and what u r and where u live or reject it and move on with ur life…this no man’s land u live in must be v. depressing and exhausting…why work in an Egyptian, Islamic environment if it’s so detrimental 2 u….and money ain’t a good enough motivator honey…not at all…so do something about it..get out…change…if u can’t change ur government or the way things r done in your country..then start small and change yourself…hard as that is…do it…

and Hell man..if u wanna be an American so badly, go online, pretend to fall in love with some lonely young American girl on lavalife, get engaged, have her sponsor u and then u can fly the coop…khalass…then no excuses hey babe…bye bye poisonous muslim Egypt…u can breathe again if that is what it takes…since u seem 2 be suffocating there

this wearing silly tshirts and cargo pants to “rebel” against nothing really…kinda childish babe…time 2 grow up honey…yallah u can do it…

6. BrooklynJon says:

On the other hand, that’s a really cool shirt. I wish I had one.

7. egy=peter says:

anonymous i have said it thousands of times to him and thought that he finally straightened out when he quit for a while. i couldnt have said it better my self.

He is upto something, some ind of tyraid with his pro-zionist scum buddies. Thats why dude, why the hell else would he still be hanging around.

8. What dahozho said.

Also: BrooklynJon – the t-shirt is available here:

9. BrooklynJon says:

US,

Thanks!

bj

10. I thought rain was almost unknown in Egypt. Guess I’ve been miseducated about the place.

Greetings from European drage lun.

11. You know what guys? If you don’t like his writing, GET LOST. No one here is forcing you to come back and read it. There are millions of other blogs out there so there must be some that fit your criteria.

12. egy=peter:

Since when does railing against a government equate to hating your country? Or being against the decisions of one religious person equate hatred of the whole religion?? I’d love to spend an hour railing against you and your “zionist scum” comment, particularly because I don’t think, living in Egypt, it affects you that much. But here is not the place, now is not the time, and it’s just my opinon. So, I guess I have no choice but to accept the fact YOU’RE ENTITLED TO YOUR OPINION, JUST THE SAME AS HE IS ENTITLED TO HIS. RIGHT???

And it’s spelled “tirade”. If you’re anti-american, you gotta hate the language too and never use it again. Hate one thing, hate all of it. Isn’t that what you’re espousing??

13. If y’all don’t like his writing, leave the goddamned site!
    No-one is forcing you to read it! There’s a warning as
    soon as you enter this site. If it’s not your cup of tea,
    SOD OFF!
    P.S. That’s a damned cool shirt.