On the impending danger of having israeli wives

I was reading the al amsry al youm today, and they had this little interview with a guy called Dr. Kharboush, who is apprently the head of the National Council for Youth, and who wanted to bring attention and awareness to the shocking news that there are about 10,000 egyptian men who married Israeli women. The man stated that this is extremly dangerous, and that marrying any Israelis, even the Israeli-arabs should not be allowed, and demanded a national campaign of education and awareness to combat that increasing problem.

Now, if anyone can explain to me what exactly the national council of youth is, and why the fuck its head thinks that he can tell egyptians who they can or can't marry, I would be greatly grateful. I am curious. I would like to know!

0 comment on On the impending danger of having israeli wives

1. anna
    November 12, 2007 at 9:03 am

WARNING to Egyptians: marrying an israeli might result in beautiful children

2. Suzanne
    November 12, 2007 at 11:35 am

Is this him?

“Dr. Safei Eddin Kharboush, Advisor to the Minister of Youth in Egypt”

“Chairman of the National Council for Youths Mohammed Safi El-Din Kharboush”

Must be him.

3. TeacherLady
    November 12, 2007 at 11:54 am

Hey, now you get a taste of what us Arab women have to put up with all the time. I refuse to be told who I can and can not marry… If I want to marry an ex-con named William “Murderface” Stephens and protect his heroin stash ’til death do us part, that’s my choice, dammit!

4. Charafantah
    November 12, 2007 at 1:51 pm

Did he state what are the “dangers” exactly?
    Also, what do you expect from a guy named “kharboush” (Scratchy) to think?

“demanded a national campaign of education and awareness to combat that increasing problem”
    is it just me?or thats the government trend in handling stupid ideas?the stupid way?
    That reminds me, anyone have any idea how much the gov paid for that new tax regulation campaign?(from the tax payers money :) )

5. Uchuck the Tuchuck
    November 12, 2007 at 2:15 pm

Did he state what are the “dangers” exactly?

“Remember kids! If you marry a Jew you might get cooties!”

–From an unpublished portion of his interview.

6. Andrew Brehm
    November 12, 2007 at 4:07 pm

Too bad for the man.

The Qur’an says that the children of Israel must settle in the holy land and not turn back. If our friend, the advisor to the minister, works against the Qur’an on that issue, he will unfortunately go to hell.

If only the word of G-d were a bit more flexible so that objective, well-founded criticism like the advisor’s could be permitted…

I blame Islam and the Zionists!

7. Carmen
    November 12, 2007 at 7:50 pm

Ditto teacherlady!

8. InfidelDane
    November 12, 2007 at 9:56 pm

If you marry a Jewish woman you’ll get a Jewish mother-in-law. Now, you’ve been warned :-)

9. SudaneseDrima
    November 12, 2007 at 11:35 pm

Kharboush???!!

Hehehehehe, this is the most hilarious name ever! Well of course he’s going to tell these kinds of opinions. No shit!

I say let’s put him on trial for committing blasphemy. Hello, Islam clearly allows Muslim men to marry Christians AND Jews. All traditionalist scholars agree on that.

But hey what can you expect from a guy named Kharboush? LOL!

10. yochanan
    November 14, 2007 at 2:27 am

you could not handle jewish women, i bet even christian or muslim women who have lived under freedom would be too much for most egyptian males i hear there ego are easly brused.

11. Jen
    November 14, 2007 at 4:47 pm

Being told whom one can or cannot marry? That’s not news. Oh…I guess it seems that way when the shoe is on the other foot, gentlemen?

1Pingbacks & Trackbacks on On the impending danger of having israeli wives