Happy Waqfah and Eid everyone

I was gonna attempt translating the word waqfah, but Happy Erection day just didn't sound right.

Either way, hope everyone enjoys their ritual sacrifice tomorrow.Not a good time to be a sheep, I must say. May God accept your offerings and bless you and all this good stuff.

I can't believe I will have to have sheep meat for breakfast tomorrow. But that's Eid for you. Sheep all day. I just feel bad for the ones I see on the streets. Do you think they know that come sunrise tomorrow, they will get slaughterd and eaten? They probably feel really happy about all the extra food they have been receiving this past month by their owners, not knowing that it's in order for them to fetch a higher price by kilogram, and then get their head chopped off.

Hmmph…

We are a mean mean species!

0 comment on Happy Waqfah and Eid everyone

1. anonymous
    December 19, 2007 at 3:33 am

Eid Mubarak! Kul feta wa la7hma bil hanna wil shifa2!

2. John Cunningham
    December 19, 2007 at 6:36 am

“we are a mean, mean species”, I can shoot people, but I can’t shoot animals. This sticking a knife into an animal’s neck. Even if I could do that, the first thing I’d do is to try to stop the bleeding. In our slaughterhouses they at least stun the animal right before the process begins. But, a lot of immigrants coming here bring their rituals here. I’m sure I’d respond to being attacked by a wild animal. But, I live outside of Philadelphia, all we have are wild people. But, for everyday survival. If I had to murder animals to survive I’d be eating tree bark and grass, in all seriousness I’d be a vegan. But, ’til then I’ll have mine medium well.

3. kinzi
    December 19, 2007 at 7:46 am

Oh, it is sad for me to hear all the sheep bleating in the neighborhood as the kids play with them, then silence in the morning. In our old neighborhood, when Eid Al Adha was in the hot months, the streets would run with rivlets of blood and the dumpsters smelled of offal in the afternoon. Glad it’s winter.

Well, have a blessed Eid with your family, SM. It is the first without your grandma, so I will pray for your family as you mourn her loss and celebrate her memory again.

4. Anna
    December 19, 2007 at 5:21 pm

Yep, Evil Mean.
    However, I’ve been reading about the shootings in Omaha, NE and the reaction was amazing…really shocked me, it was such and enormous
    outpouring of Love.
    Sad sch an event has to remind us:there are good people out there…even at least for a few days

5. Jen
    December 21, 2007 at 7:43 pm

Sheep probably have it a little better than turkeys over here. :)

6. Modern Pharaoh
    December 28, 2007 at 9:04 am

@John cunningham: You don’t know what your talking about, The animal instantly dies this way..just their nerves are still twitching!

@Monkey Boy;;;Erection? not very tastful jerkoff

7. ito
    January 24, 2008 at 10:52 pm

“we are a mean mean species.” And sheep are a tasty tasty one ( :

I remember that in Morocco and Tunisia on the side of the highway between towns there would be rest stops and every one of them had at least one meat stand with a couple of sheep already skinned and hanging from hooks while the live ones were lined up waiting for the next lucky one to meet its maker. Or my stomach lining. The meatballs were tasty yet having one sheep look at you while you’re enjoying probably its buddy was a little different. Those looks tried to make me feel guilty yet I prevailed. sheep 0 – ito 2