The most ridiculous shit I've heard this year..

…has to be from this "award winning" report- from Hebrew University – on why Israeli army men do not rape Palestinian women: it's because they view palestinian women to be too subhuman to rape.

The abstract of the paper, authored by doctoral candidate Tal
Nitzan, notes that the paper shows that "the lack of organized military
rape is an alternate way of realizing [particular] political goals."

The
next sentence delineates the particular goals that are realized in this
manner: "In the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, it can be seen that the
lack of military rape merely strengthens the ethnic boundaries and
clarifies the inter-ethnic differences – just as organized military
rape would have done."

The paper further theorizes that Arab women in Judea and Samaria are
not raped by IDF soldiers because the women are de-humanized in the
soldiers' eyes.

So it's not because they are not good people or anti-rape or ethical or anything like that. Of course not, they are Joooz. They don't rape palestinian women because they are racist. So, in order to show they are not racist, they should rape them a couple of palestinian women every couple of months. Make them girls feel desirable, you know?

Fuckin Academics!

0 comment on The most ridiculous shit I've heard this year..

1. John Cunningham
    December 27, 2007 at 12:22 pm

Well, that type of logic does give the rest of 80% of the world’s population cause to wonder.

2. leo
    December 27, 2007 at 1:17 pm

I heard about it few days ago but I thought it is just another TheOnion joke. Boy, was I wrong.

Idiots.

3. Fadi
    December 27, 2007 at 3:18 pm

You know what I think is “fuckin” ridiculous, that you think you can extract any sort’ve cogent analysis on Israel National News – the rightwing settler news media. Their journalistic standards are not very high. A word of advice, next time, seek better sources.

• Fleta
      May 1, 2012 at 3:42 am

You’ve captured this perfectly. Thanks for tknaig the time!

4. smarty
    December 27, 2007 at 3:40 pm

It IS the JOOWZ fault, the Jew-hating Jew that is. Liberal jews are the most vile anti-semetic cretens on the planet.

5. Roman Kalik
    December 27, 2007 at 3:50 pm

Fadi, should the report prove to be false, three separate bodies can then sue the newspaper for defamation and libel, two of which are academic bodies (and one of them being a very big academic body).

Now, let’s sit down together and think about how long a newspaper can survive should it publish a story so false, with the aforementioned risks, shall we?

Israeli National News is biased, no way to go around that, but for them to publish something that is *inherently* false against a *national* body, that can sue them into bankruptcy… Well, unless I see such a lawsuit coming any time soon, I’ll take the story as largely accurate, shall I?

Oh, and just to further ruin your argument… Tal Nitzan’s report was published in book format by the Open University – http://www3.openu.ac.il/ouweb/owal/new_books1.book_desc?in_mis_cat=112530

You can further see her name in the Israeli Sociological Society website as an award winner: http://iss.moonsite.co.il/index.aspx?id=1944

It’s in Hebrew, so compare the name in the Open University catalog with the entries here.

6. Aardvark EF-111B
    December 27, 2007 at 5:29 pm

yes they are damn racist to bones.
    but to put this right, you must consider ShenBett & IDF as Professional Army, that has clear Rules of Engagement.
    they will not give the Palestinians such a Propaganda Ponanza.

7. Fadi
    December 27, 2007 at 5:34 pm

Roman Kalik, I think you should restrain yourself from making such conclusions (like, oh if it’s false, then the paper can just be sued for libel), when you have no understanding of these legal concepts. Much can be produced from the truth – Israel National News often prints some ludicrous distortions of the truth that don’t meet the requirements of libel. It’s well known that INN is certainly NOT a credible news agency; I assure you that if you regularly read INN (and are not a crazed right-wing settler), you will daily find “ridiculous shit” as sandmonkey so crudely refers thereto. That is why most normal people interested in the truth don’t read INN.

Now, am I saying that INN has printed a completely false report? Of course not, so your little exercise here in your last comment is quite futile. I’m merely doing sandmonkey a service by informing him that INN is rightwing settler media (I’m giving him the benefit of the doubt in assuming that he did not previously know this). If he wants to retain any sort’ve credibility with such a post, he should cite and quote the actual paper, not an account of it on INN. Quoting INN is the equivalent of quoting the National Inquirer.

8. QuietusLeo
    December 27, 2007 at 7:47 pm

I’ve just read the synopsis of the paper in hebrew. The reasoning is quite convoluted and has no basis in fact. I seems to me that the author has an agenda or has no insight whatsoever into psychology.
    This is a perfect example of why I always disliked sociology during my studies. Sociologists tend to take rather banal phenomenae and explain them in Tolstoy-length books. This is the opposite of psychology, which tries to explain complex processes in a concise fashion. But that’s only my opinion of the respective fields of inquiry.

9. Chip
    December 27, 2007 at 8:25 pm

This does have The Onion written all over it. The Catch-22 aspect is the most typically moronic for the so-called intellectual class. So the only way to defend yourself from a charge of racism is to run out and rape someone from another race? Gee, how could that backfire?

10. leo
    December 28, 2007 at 5:10 am

“So the only way to defend yourself from a charge of racism is to run out and rape someone from another race?”

If I am impotent I have no choice but to die a racist. Sorry folks. Mind is willing, flesh does not permit.

11. ella
    December 28, 2007 at 7:22 am

why Israeli army men do not rape Palestinian women: it’s because they view palestinian women to be too subhuman to rape – i.e. the racist army.
    Going a little bit further with that concept; the army men who do not rape women are racist.. This, of course, means that the army men who do rape women of the territories the army is stationed in (or in process of conquering) are not racist.
    So the above clearly shows that the Mongol army was one of the most non-racist army in the history of Earth.
    Hurray for some intellectuals and their theories.
    Once again – Hurray. ;-)

12. Nadav
    December 28, 2007 at 10:13 am

It’s the way muslim women cover theirselves up so tightly. No one wants to rape a sweaty, smelly woman who’se been cooking in the sun for hours.
    Am I being racist? I guess that article is right, after all.

13. karen
    December 29, 2007 at 1:08 am

Not everyone who is raped is drop dead gorgeous!! Children and the elderly have been victims of rape all over the world. Rape is only an act of violence. I think it says something positive about Israeli soldiers, not something negative.

14. Truthteller
    December 30, 2007 at 12:50 am

The paper is a typical example of beginning with a conclusion and trying to find a premise to fit it

15. Deathway
    January 2, 2008 at 5:23 pm

Oh yeah, that makes sense. In the US “Civil War,” Union soldiers frequently raped the slave women of Southerners whose homes they invaded. Dehumanizing results in rape; it doesn’t prevent it. How stupid.

16. Dr. Guy
    January 2, 2008 at 11:06 pm

I read the synopsis in Hebrew, and it looks like a bunch of crap masquerading as scientific research. By that logic, I must be some horrible racist since I don’t go committing various felonies and misdemeanors against people of other ethnicities and religions, and I must be a self-hating Jew since I don’t commit them against my own people as well. Who would have thought that the morals upon which my parents and community raised me upon would make me such a terrible hater of others and my own.

That said, I haven’t read the abstract or the thesis, so I really can’t judge the work. However, I’d attribute the lack of rapes to the following:
    1. The IDF Military Police and Judicial corps are quite effective in investigating and prosecuting such crimes, and the soldiers know it.
    2. The soldiers further know that any such actions are likely to inflame tensions more than anything else. There’s a difference between getting in a stupid argument in a checkpoint or a firefight and actually raping someone. The Arabs in Judea, Samaria, and Gaza know that most Israeli soldiers are moral people, even if they are the enemy.
    3. That behavior isn’t acceptable in Israeli society, let alone anywhere else. The vast majority of Israelis would regard a soldier who raped as a rapist, regardless of who the victim was, and there would be far more sympathy and acceptance for the victim than the offending soldier.

17. Aaron
    January 3, 2008 at 2:55 am

On a related note, Muslims all over the world were outraged when they discovered that the rumors of jews baking children’s blood into cookies were false. One prominent imam commented: “Those racist jews think our kids aren’t even good enough to eat!”

18. Tantor
    January 3, 2008 at 5:52 pm

The thesis that Israeli soldiers don’t rape Palestinian women due to racism is absurd. When Japanese soldiers invaded and occupied China, they commonly raped the Chinese women whom they view as their racial inferiors, calling them pigs. The Japanese Kwantung Army in China even issued field orders to their troops to kill any woman they raped, an order that was obeyed en masse.

Rape is perpetrated by undisciplined soldiers, such as the Russians after they conquered eastern Germany. Generally, combat soldiers do not rape because they are the highest quality soldier in an army. Most rapes in war are perpetrated by the lower quality soldiers in the rear, the REMFs, the supply sergeants and truck drivers who find themselves in a temporary position of power over the enemy women and exploit it.

My speculation is that there is a low incidence of rape by Israeli soldiers because they are highly disciplined troops and that most of those troops who come in contact with Palestinian women are front line troops, the best of the best.

By contrast, compare the Israeli army to the undisciplined terror organizations who oppose them, and you will see women kidnapped off the street and sexually abused by Palestinian terrorists with no punishment for the offender, only the victim.

19. satiricohen
    January 6, 2008 at 7:17 pm

INN is actually well-known for being very accurate. This is also why there are probably the most boring news outlet in Israel.
    One reason they have to be accurate is because the Israeli Judiciary is wholly in the hands of radical liberal Jews who can and will (and have on occasion) sue INN to kingdom come if they make the smallest slip up.

The reasoning of tantor is valid except that most of the contact is actually between the Border Police and the Palestinians and the BP are most definitely not elite. Dr. Guy’s reasons are very true. It really helps when you live in a society that condemns criminality.

I got here through my search for arab satire in English – does such a thing exist?

Also – i lampooned this stupid research on my site. You can read it here:
    Sociologist Uncovers New Israeli Abomination: IDF Soldiers Not Raping Arab Women! – http://israelisatirelab.blogspot.com/2007/12/sociologist-uncovers-new-israeli.html

By the way – this kind of shallow political “research” does not surprise me at all. The sociology and anthropology departments in the HU do not believe in scientific method – they believe in politics and tenure. A tough combination to beat.They are also pretty stupid.And mean.And mean and stupid…

2Pingbacks & Trackbacks on The most ridiculous shit I've heard this year..

1. [...] thanks to sandmonkey for this one So it’s not because they are not good people or anti-rape or ethical or anything like that. [...]

2. [...] GO FIGURE– Insane Jew Posse. Says SandMonkey: “They don’t rape palestinian women because they are racist. So, in order to show they [...]