Internet Down Across Middle East

I received a phone call from The Sandmonkey a few minutes ago and he asked me to post this update for him.

There are confirmed internet outages throughout Egypt, Qatar, and Saudi Arabia.  According to the local ISPs there, this problem occurred as a result of the main fiber optic cable, running underwater into the area, being cut-off.  This seemingly leaves all three countries (and possible others) without internet access until the problem is resolved.

The Sandmonkey asked me to relay this message and let you all know he will post as soon as he can gain internet access.

Thanks for your patience.

–Joan, the blogwife

0 comment on Internet Down Across Middle East

1. Joanne
    January 30, 2008 at 6:25 pm

Sabotage? Interesting!

2. Craig
    January 30, 2008 at 6:51 pm

I think Huckabee asked God to cut off Sandmonkey’s internet access.

3. Twosret
    January 30, 2008 at 7:01 pm

It is the Palestinian invasion of the world :)

4. Sam
    January 30, 2008 at 7:34 pm

underwater kassam rocket

5. tedders
    January 30, 2008 at 7:45 pm

Ha, Twos, you wish!!! LOL

6. Adam B.
    January 30, 2008 at 8:10 pm

Too small and controlled. Too intent on stomping out terrorists within their borders.

7. Craig
    January 30, 2008 at 8:36 pm

I doubt anybody knows what happened to the remnants of Saddam’s WMD programs, including Saddam himself. If there were any Baathists still alive who could have gotten their hands on chemical weapons, the insurgents would have already been using them in Iraq.

8. leo
    January 30, 2008 at 8:52 pm

Craig @ 3,

On the contrary.

This is effect cause by Iraqi WMD hidden in Jordan.

9. Twosret
    January 30, 2008 at 9:13 pm

Tedders,

This is why they were buying receivers :) the conspiracy theory of the sandmonkey :)

10. Twosret
    January 30, 2008 at 9:18 pm

Two things that can’t go down in the US trucks and internet :)

11. bg
    January 30, 2008 at 10:08 pm

#11.. EgyPeter Says:

[Could you imagine if this happened in the States…]

fortunately it hasn’t happened..

not for their lack of trying..

unfortunately, it can still happen..

if a Dem should be elected in 08..

the chance of a communications collapse tips in their favor..

as i highly doubt the outage was an “accident”..

albeit i’m certain that will be the claim regardless..

==

12. Bob
    January 30, 2008 at 10:25 pm

I miss the blog, Joan…are you making use of your writing talents in another format that can be referred to here? Hope all is well with you and yours.

Bob

13. Joan
    January 31, 2008 at 1:58 am

Thanks, Bob. I miss it, too. I’ve been doing a lot of writing, but nothing I can really talk about here. Shoot me an email if you want and I’ll tell you more. :-)

14. Mark
    January 31, 2008 at 3:13 am

I have it on good authority that the reason the cable went down is because the cloverfield monster is down there running amuck. Either that or Hillary Clinton is gnawing on those cables. Did you know that her carapace can withstand water pressure at depths of up to 4000 meters? The cloverfield monster can only go down to 2500 meters.

15. Twosret
    January 31, 2008 at 4:35 am

I got three e-mails from Egypt today without a problem. Also two face book friends were online. Strange

16. H.
    January 31, 2008 at 9:15 am

LOL @ iraq WMD movement, i mean whats the plan , hmm imagine bush sitting on table guessing where WMD can be , from iraq they escaped to jordan :P lets attack jordan , years later ohh no it was in Iran and they used it as nuclear enerby hence this energy is from WMD its wrong STOP it lol, once thats over he might say our reports says iran had only 50% of WMD and we have success 50% .. now we will search for other 50% … bush makes buzzing sound while looking at map of middle east , pins on another country and say that where i think it is

17. Dr. Guy
    February 1, 2008 at 7:21 pm

Has anyone blamed us Jews yet?

18. lirun
    February 5, 2008 at 7:59 pm

damn it dr.. i was scrolling down this post with it rolling off my tongue.. so ill frikkin say it anyway..

“its ze joooz”

3Pingbacks & Trackbacks on Internet Down Across Middle East

1. [...] John Burgess wrote an interesting post today onHere’s a quick excerptWell, there are at least 2000 liters of toxic gas unaccounted for in circulation somewhere around Iraq, but I seriouly doubt that you’d find them in Jordan… Too small and controlled. Too intent on stomping out terrorists within their … [...]

2. [...] d-ela wrote an interesting post today onHere’s a quick excerptWell, there are at least 2000 liters of toxic gas unaccounted for in circulation somewhere around Iraq, but I seriouly doubt that you’d find them in Jordan… I doubt anybody knows what happened to the remnants of Saddam’s WMD programs, … [...]

3. [...] LibertySugar wrote an interesting post today onHere’s a quick excerptCheck this Out! Detailed maps of the world’s submarine cables…. So theoretically, if Osama wants to start another war, all he’s gotta do is rip the cables first…. and that will be the end of civilization. … [...]