We lost a ship??

How could anyone just lose a freakin ship? Ships don;t just disappear, right?

0 comment on We lost a ship??

1. Charafantah
    February 6, 2008 at 10:52 am

Its just Bermuda triangle taking a vacation in the Red Sea… :P

2. Sid
    February 6, 2008 at 10:58 am

Its just another Zionist conpiracy and probably has something to do with Obama and Hillary.
    How stupid do you have to be to miss that angle!
    COME ON!!

3. K-2
    February 6, 2008 at 11:19 am

It does if it is called “Mary Celeste”.

4. antares
    February 6, 2008 at 1:27 pm

Sandy Ships do disappear. Why? Pirates.

Here is the link to the International Maritime Bureau’s piracy map for 2007: http://www.icc-ccs.org/extra/display.php

Ships exiting the south end of the Red Sea pass through the third most dangerous waters in the world (after the Straits of Malacca and the Nigerian coast). The _Badr_ may not have been taken by pirates, but then again it may.

Modern pirates use flat-bottomed rigid-hull inflatables with big outboard motors. They board a ship in port or in restricted waters. Often they are armed with automatic weapons.

I hope someone hears from the crew soon. If pirates took the _Badr_, the most probable result is that they killed the crew and piloted the ship to Somalia. No one will ever hear from the crew again. Or of the _Badr_ again.

I would like to see the ship’s manifest. That would tell me — and you; a manifest is not hard to read — what the ship carried. If she carried goods that are easy to sell on the black market, then I would question everyone at the _Badr’s_ port of loading who had access to that manifest. I would be looking for a corrupt official who sold a copy of the manifest to pirates.

antares

5. Eric
    February 6, 2008 at 6:51 pm

Have you checked under the bed? That’s where my lost ships usually end up.

6. leo
    February 6, 2008 at 7:32 pm

Bad season.

I heard in the news today. Russians lost ship too. 17 hands, all Russians. Cambodian registry. Last heard from on Jan 20th. Was expected in one of Chinese ports (forgot the name) on Jan 24th. Suspects are pirates and/or weather.

7. Melissa in NorCal
    February 6, 2008 at 7:33 pm

Aliens most likely.

8. antares
    February 6, 2008 at 8:45 pm

Leo, Do you have a link to the news report of that lost Russian ship?, antares

9. Uchuck the Tuchuck
    February 6, 2008 at 11:32 pm

EgyPeter Says:
    February 6th, 2008 at 5:50 pm
    Probably Ottoman Corsairs!

Take a look at a map, or at the first paragraph of the article you linked to.

10. EgyPeter
    February 7, 2008 at 5:02 am

Uchuck, I don’t get it? What’s your point? I was only kidding :)

I don’t really think that 17th century Barbary Pirates abducted our ship. But then again, who the hell knows?! We still got Somali pirates marauding around the Horn of Africa…

11. lirun
    February 7, 2008 at 9:55 am

sounds a bit peter pan to me..

12. Gila
    February 7, 2008 at 10:00 am

I say it was sucked up by a giant squid.

13. antares