Compare

26th of July st. , Egypt

Edgware Road, UK

I've been unable to do anything yesterday because I was recovering from celebrating too hard the night before. You know why? Because Egypt won, Bitches! We showed the Cameron guys who's their Daddy. And screw Abu Treika: Zidan is the Man. And yes, those pictures show egyptian fans taking over Edgware Road in London (and yes, those guys are on the roof of a store, ur point being?). We did that all over the place. The Fans were nuts. And get this: guys from Rod El Farag (very poor part of Cairo) were spraying people with Beer. Yes, Beer. We are this close to spraying champagne people. There is still hope here!

PHARAOHS RULE!

0 comment on Compare

1. chikapappi
    February 12, 2008 at 11:28 am

I should have expanded my vacation till the day of the victory so I witness what happens bel shaware3! I think it’s cool how football is a mania :D congrats le ma9r!!!

2. Adam B.
    February 12, 2008 at 12:49 pm

Congrats on the victory! :D

Edgware Road has been taken over by egyptians for years now. ;)

Oh well, lebanese maybe… :P

3. anna
    February 12, 2008 at 1:27 pm

Adam, hard to confuse the two really. Lebs. are super trendy and quite possibly the most beautiful people God made.

4. anna
    February 12, 2008 at 1:36 pm

sm, I think the good point about Egypt is that we can celebrate and party like there’s no tomorrow, WITHOUT alcohol.

5. Adrian from Denmark
    February 12, 2008 at 1:38 pm

Congrats with the victory – you played great.

It was especially interresing to see Muammad Zidan again, and I remember the time when he played for FC Midtjylland here in Denmark. Brilliant player, that we unfortunately didn’t had the $$$ to keep, so he changed to a german club.

6. AF
    February 12, 2008 at 4:44 pm

Man, it really sucks not to be in Egypt on days like these..

7. Twosret
    February 12, 2008 at 10:25 pm

AF, I feel the same way :( I can’t say enough about this team, they are humble, wise, very seasoned, amazingly bright, and also comes from very average Egyptian families.

I’m so proud of them!

8. Twosret
    February 12, 2008 at 10:25 pm

anna,

We in Egypt can get high on Kawaraa’ and lahmet Rass LOL!

9. anna
    February 12, 2008 at 11:16 pm

true, meat eating seems to be the national sport. Haven’t ever had kawaraa or lahmet ras- I’m the cutlet/fillet generation- nearly had sandawich lesan (tongue) though although I freaked out at the last minute as it just felt like I was going to eat my own tongue.

10. Twosret
    February 12, 2008 at 11:57 pm

anna,

It sounds like we are from the same generation. I couldn ‘t eat tongue or Kawraa’ but I had grape leaves cooked with kawaraa’ broth and it was great, the heat that came out of my head that day was like steam LOL!. I was brave enough to eat brain and Mombar and I love Mombar it is the best dish after stuffed pigeons in Egypt.

Some people in upper Egypt I heard seriously get high over some of this food :) no alcohol and no drugs too!

11. Twosret
    February 12, 2008 at 11:59 pm

homa feen el yahood mafish mabrook walla haga kedda mosh aaib ya sandmonkey other post feeha 100 responses we habybak el yahood mosh beya’malo wageb maa’ak :)

aa’lshan taa’raf bas el masryeen homa elly fadlanlak ya maa’lem LOL

12. Patrick
    February 14, 2008 at 3:59 am

anna, what do you mean by lebanese are super trendy and good looking and the “opposite” of egyptians?

first off, go fuck yourself

second off, egyptians don’t fuck up their country with meaningless country. And we have a REAL society, not one built off of diaspora money and chic nightclubs for the top 10%.

third off, there are LOTS of egyptian-lebanese mixes…i myself have lebanese blood, so the two society are very intertwined, especially in places like the Gulf or USA (at least among Egyptian and Lebanese Christians).

Fourth off, there are plenty of Egyptians a lot better looking than the Lebanese. Like Cami al Fayed or Heba Sisy or Meriam George or any Miss Egypt who is always far better looking than Miss Lebanon, though, admittedly, on the whole Lebanese women are better looking. Egyptian men on the other hand, are definitely better looking than Lebanese men and are far more masculine.

Fifth off, Wealthy Egyptians are just as trendy as wealthy Lebanese, but we actually have class. Lebanse just whore themselves to Eurotrash clothes because they are desperate to have the world perceive them as European. There’s a reason why Lebanese are wogs down in Oz.

13. Hareega
    February 14, 2008 at 5:32 am

Congratulations, great victory, I used to think Ivory Coast and Cameron were the strongest 2 African teams, and Egypt proved me wrong.

six times….

14. anna
    February 14, 2008 at 8:50 am

Patrick, you actually agreed with me half way down in your rant- cheap shot with the women thing by the way. Yes, I know Egyptians are blessed in many other ways, that I think are *more* valuable, but that doesn’t change the fact that lebs are on the whole pretty good looking folk. As for style, come on, man- bags, mobile clipped onto trouser, shoulder pads, 80s fashion, and bedal saifi tend to be the mainstay of egyptian fashion. You know it.

15. SamSeven
    February 20, 2008 at 4:09 am

EGYPTIAN PHAROAHS ROCK!

16. anna
    February 20, 2008 at 11:34 am

The after party should have been in Egypt but hey we don’t give out rolex watches. Can’t believe they sold out to the UAE, nadl nadl nadl.