How about No?

Well, do you think GMT should be replaced with Mecca Mean Time?

Yeah, didn't think so!

0 comment on How about No?

1. leo
    April 24, 2008 at 5:12 pm

Will time run faster or slower if ’0′ is shifted?

2. leo
    April 24, 2008 at 5:16 pm

Just realized this one.

“How about No?” is famous Dr. Evil phrase. I imagined it being said the way it should be said and cannot stop laughing still.

SM, thank you for making my day.

3. Maserya
    April 25, 2008 at 3:05 am

OMG. Beyond retarded.

4. Jack
    April 25, 2008 at 11:28 am

Why not? MMT could have all sorts of uses. We could travel back in time simply by making a clock run backwards. We could stop all movement of others by stopping our watch. We could get through unpleasant events quicker by adjusting our watch forwards.

And what’s more, the argument for MMT is true in a sense; it is the center of the earth for a lot of targeting systems and if we got MMT then they couldn’t bomb Mecca because if they did, all time would stop.

Maserya, I take issue with your comment: It isn’t beyond retarded, merely typical of Islamic reasoning.

5. Jeff
    April 27, 2008 at 2:44 pm

Don’t you hate time zones imposing themselves on the rest of the world? Here in the United States, everything is given in Eastern time. It’s another one of the privileges of the east coast elite. So yeah I say, let’s all change to Mecca.

I love articles that quote unnamed “scientists” that rail against British colonialism. And I absolutely love Al-Arabiya reader comments. “i bet u anything that the jews r gonna be the first to refuse.” Thanks for the prediction Iraqi girl.

6. Sadie
    April 28, 2008 at 7:26 pm

Great idea…time will stand still. No one will age and we get to dress like the 8th century – anyone have a burlap bag they’re not using?

7. ratedrsuperstar
    April 29, 2008 at 12:48 am

I wonder if some of islams true believers will use the refusal to accept the mecca time system as an excuse to declare jihad on the ‘evil jooooos and the west’

8. brooklynjon
    April 30, 2008 at 2:56 am

Jeff,

I don’t understand. Is there a second time zone in the states? I thought it was just Eastern. Confused.

1Pingbacks & Trackbacks on How about No?