Rioting in Lebanese prison

The prison that hosts both the generals accused of facilitating Harriri's assassination and the Fatah Al Islam terrorists is having a riot, with the inmates taking several of the prison personell hostage. However…

Roumieh is Lebanon's main jail. The detainees there include four
former generals held in connection with the 2005 assassination of
former Prime Minister Rafik Hariri, and members of the al-Qaida-inspired Fatah Islam militant group.

The officials say the rioting is not near the generals or the Fatah Islam members.

Let's hope it stays that way.

0 comment on Rioting in Lebanese prison

1. ito
    April 24, 2008 at 9:03 pm

If it gets near them maybe they should take a page from the Brazilian system of dealing with rioting inmates. Read about Carandiru.

2. lady
    April 25, 2008 at 2:34 pm

I have the. largest. online crush on Sandmonkey. Ever.

eh….I don’t have anything relevant to contribute…probably due the crush making me light-headed and nerdy.

3. Nomad
    April 26, 2008 at 12:06 pm

4. franchie
    April 26, 2008 at 12:07 pm

(should I see there the francisation of Lebanon ? I have been reading so many times that France is under lebanesation because of islam issues)

5. Kurt
    May 1, 2008 at 11:19 pm

“should I see there the francisation of Lebanon ? I have been reading so many times that France is under lebanesation because of islam issues”

Hey, Miss Teen USA posts on SM’s blog!

6. franchie
    May 2, 2008 at 7:43 pm

ya see her all over though, might be the effect of your overwelming side… of the dark tower

1Pingbacks & Trackbacks on Rioting in Lebanese prison

1. [...] tagged lebanonOwn a WordPress blog? Make monetization easier with the WP Affiliate Pro plugin. Rioting in Lebanese prison saved by 4 others     MjOoPi bookmarked on 04/24/08 | [...]