Anybody wants to be a daddy?

This is found on Egypt's craigslist, I figured I would share:

Looking for a Husband Immediately – 24 (Cairo, Egypt)

It is a long story but I’ll try to keep it short: back in February I
was raped and now I am 7 months pregnant. I was hoping to find a
Western man (European / American), to marry me immediately, before I
deliver, and take me and my coming son under his wing, in other words
to be an official father of my son.

I am 24 years old, brunette, petite, 5 feet tall, long black
straight hair and dark brown Arabian eyes, college graduate, I also
speak 3 languages fluently.
My father was Lebanese and my mother is half Spanish half Turkish,
I was born and raised in Cairo, Egypt but with a western, very
open-minded mentality (and that is why I wish to marry a western man).

The man I am looking for has to meet the following requirements:

1) To be currently living in Cairo, Egypt.
2) To accept to start all the marriage procedures instantly (of course after we meet and make sure we like each other)
3) To accept to convert to Islam as the Egyptian law does not
approve of the marriage of a Muslim woman to a non-Muslim man (you can
still practice your initial religion though, like I said I’m very
open-minded, you don’t have to pray or fast, I personally don’t, all
you have to do is just obtain that piece of paper that says you
converted)
4) To be between the age of 30-40
5) To be understanding
6) To have no mental or physical illnesses.

If you are interested please reply as soon as possible. No weird replies please.

Yes people, No weird replies to this very normal ad please.

0 comment on Anybody wants to be a daddy?

1. brooklynjon
    August 31, 2008 at 8:56 am

There’s a lid for every pot.
    Paging eee to the white courtesy phone.

2. gail
    August 31, 2008 at 10:48 am

lol the funny thing is you were going through the pages of that singles page.

3. tedders
    August 31, 2008 at 1:34 pm

The deal breaker is,

“6) To have no mental or physical illnesses.”

Anyone would have to have mental illness to consider such an arrangement from someone mentally deranged enough to even consider such an idiotic scheme.

“To accept to start all the marriage procedures instantly (of course after we meet and make sure we like each other”

Give me a break! “of course after we meet and make sure we like each other” Are you frigging kidding me? Disaster in the making! Who would sign up for that? Who would want someone who would sign up for that? The woman poster has seen , “Pretty Woman” too many times I think!

Hey bj, are you back from your trip?

4. Karen
    August 31, 2008 at 7:07 pm

And what does the potential husband get out of the deal? I don’t know, maybe it’s just me, but it looks a little one sided.

5. Twosret
    August 31, 2008 at 7:15 pm

Being raped and pregnant is very very difficult. I really wish she will get all the support she needs. Hope she gives the child her name and take her time to heal if ever from what she’s been before she gets in the arms of a stranger that might hurt her more.

My prayers are with you young lady.

6. tedders
    August 31, 2008 at 7:39 pm

“Being raped and pregnant is very very difficult.”

I’d take anything she says with a jumbo sized grain of salt! Being raped and pregnant is difficult, at this point in time all we know for sure is that she’s pregnant.

My prayers are with the young lady also, even more so her child.

7. somoboy1990
    August 31, 2008 at 8:04 pm

This posting has been deleted by its author. she delete it

8. Twosret
    August 31, 2008 at 10:37 pm

Teddy,

well, I have no reason to not believe the whole story….why would I believe she is pregnant and not believe that she was rapped?

“I am financially capable of supporting my own son, all I want is a loving, warm and secure home for him to grow up in.”

This says a lot and I think it is a cry for help and security. The only thing is, it is really hard to find people this way through and a listing :(

9. tedders
    August 31, 2008 at 11:20 pm

“The only thing is, it is really hard to find people this way through and a listing”

Yes, it’s Craigslist for gosh sakes! (Not our Craig!) Buyer beware!! ;)

10. brooklynjon
    September 1, 2008 at 8:23 pm

tedders,

just flew in from Salt Lake. Boy are my arms tired!

I also want to say that the accusations that I am this girl’s babydaddy are wildly exaggerated, and that any resemblance between me and David Duchovny are purely coincidental.

bj

P.S. I’ve given up bull riding for good. This time I mean it!

11. Jeff
    September 1, 2008 at 8:56 pm

Damn I don’t meet the age requirement. I’m only 26. =(

12. tedders
    September 1, 2008 at 11:18 pm

“Boy are my arms tired!”

Too funny! :) Is that Henny Youngman?

13. tedders
    September 1, 2008 at 11:20 pm

Glad your back bj!!

” I’ve given up bull riding for good. This time I mean it!”

What? And give up show Biz?

14. Twosret
    September 2, 2008 at 2:49 am

If I hear that Sarah Palin is pregnant and I will know for sure who the father is ;)

bj,

I don’t believe you.

15. brooklynjon
    September 2, 2008 at 6:03 am

Two,

I never lie, except about whether or not I’m telling the truth. ;-)

bj

16. Twosret
    September 2, 2008 at 1:46 pm

Truth Serum where would I find that? :) too bad it is not even reliable ;)

17. brooklynjon
    September 2, 2008 at 4:50 pm

“truth serum” is very reliable in the hands of an experienced anesthesiologist.
    But where would you find one?

bj

18. nubia
    September 2, 2008 at 7:09 pm

Maybe this girl is telling the truth…who nows..

19. nubia
    September 2, 2008 at 7:11 pm

Is craigslist that important? asking

20. Twosret
    September 2, 2008 at 10:49 pm

Very hard to find an experienced anesthesiologist. I mean they can put you to sleep for the rest of your life if they want to. You really have to trust them. And if I am in a situation where I have to use one, I don’t want to see him/her or any medical team after my operation when I’m done :)

21. koppers
    September 4, 2008 at 7:46 pm

Being raped and pregnant is very very difficult.
    That’s a new one on me, why would it differ from consensual intercourse? If this story is true it’s very sad, she sounds understandably desperate

22. Mo-ha-med
    September 12, 2008 at 2:29 am

Holy shit. Assuming it was indeed rape — i do hope she finds what she seeks…

Sandmonkey, mesh yalla? I’m sure your mama will be very happy that you’d be getting married…

23. Noose
    September 13, 2008 at 11:27 pm

That version of the ad is a bit different from the one I saw. I forwarded it to my embassy because it is clear this woman is out to get a foreign passport for her baby and they need to be aware of this scam before she comes around looking for it.

24. minime
    September 23, 2008 at 7:41 am

I don’t see what she gains by getting a passport for her baby. Further more since the rules about how the nationailty of the baby is passed down from parents are not that simple I can not see why she would be so sure that her beby gets a passport from the “fathers” nation.

Anyway… I think it’s more of another kind of silly trick.
    Why would it not work with marrying a man from Egypt that is a muslim himself already? He can give a warm loving home and provide for them just as well as an european or american.