The Palin-Biden Debate

Okay, I just finished watching the debate, which meant that I had to stay up till 3 am my time just to see the damn thing start. But now that it's over, I figured I should have something posted up on it before I pass out.

Now, before this thing started, I have to say that I had pretty low expectations all around: Palin was dreadful in most of her interviews, and Biden, well, Biden was being Biden. So It's fair to say that like most of you, I placed the bar pretty low for this debate. So low that I wasn't actually looking for who answers best, but more like who will screw up the most. And I was also kinda dreading Ifill being partisan, because I didn't want anyone making excuses for Sarah if she does fumble it. Now, that being said, here are my reactions:

• "Can I call you joe?". Yep, she sure came with her charm on.
  • They both start strong, him more slow and authoritative, and her more chipper and energetic. While I liked her answers, the speed in which she gave them were signs of either someone very nervous or someone who is regurgitating memorized talking points.
  •  She supports the bailout, he supports the bailout, both of them are for the greatest scam in the histroy of the American public. Boooo..
  • Okay, here we go, He starts saying Bush, she starts saying Maverick. This is gonna be a long night.
  • The corruption and greed on wall street got said way too many times.
  • "I am not gonna answer the question way you or the moderator want me to answer"? For real?
  • She knows policy positions, she is calling Biden on Obam's positions, and the things Biden said about Obama. Biden deflects it all and attacks McCain. Palin is not attacking Obama that much. Biden doing the VP's job, she ain't.
  • Is it just me, or does it seem like Biden is enjoying himself too much every time she attacks him?
  • Good points on using her record in Alaska. I wouldn't have expected Alaskan experience to be used as an example in Darfur, but hey, she sold it, and gave proof that she does know there is a world outside of America.
  • She seemed to try to convey that she is bringing something to the ticket as well. She is selling herself to the public while trying to debate Biden at the same time. The double-sided efforts started wearing her down after a bit.
  • Okay, I have to say this. She is hot. A total MILF. I like looking at her speak. I even like hearing her talk. She has really good body language and sound inflection. Stylistically she is good. But to be honest I found myself not listening to some of her answers. I don't know if it's because she rambles on very quickly and is all over the place, or it's because she is distractingly eye-pleasing.
  • Oh, wow, she really was sucking Israel's dick with that answer, and Biden was like"Hoe, no you didn't" and immediately started sucking on Israel's Balls as well. It was beautiful how they competed for the "who loves Israel the most "prize, which was completely unnecessary for either one of them to do, because Palin just wrote an essay in love of Israel and Biden is AIPAC #1 guy. But I am sure it made Florida's Jews happy, and they are an important group to keep happy. Ask Sarah Silverman, she 'll tell you.
  • Is she getting angry? Her answers seem to be testier by the moment. Why is she getting angry?
  • Palin is not winning this, but is not losing this either. She is holding her own, while Biden is clearly in his element.
  • You and NATO Kicked Hezbollah out of Lebanon, Biden? For real? Anybody listening to this?
  • Did she actually manage to turn Joe's attempt on reaching out to gay voters into having it on record that they both agree on their opposition for gay marriage? Did that just happen?
  • Oh boy, the word Maverick again. How many times she said it so far? 25? I should've started a drinking game.
  • Yay for Local politics pandering: Palin talks about coming from a small town and being one of the middle-class people, and Biden of course starts talking about his roots as well. One day I would like to see a candidate being like "You know, being raised in the upper east side of manhattan, I was surrounded by a lot of normal people who cleaned my house, and they thought me all about regular folk". Maybe in 2040? The Trump-Hilton Ticket anyone?
  • "Say it ain't so, Joe". Folksy and cute. Does this translate to folksy voters? Cause the gradschool graduate democrat-voting americans I was watching this with looked like they were getting an aneurysm whenever she did something like that. Or winked. They would twitch when she winks.
  • Holy shit. On the one issue she was supposed to own- having and raising a family- she was upstaged by Biden , who talked about how wife's death and how hard it was to raise his kids as a single father, and then he chocked back a tear. Holy crap. Sarah, you better start crying or talking about your special-needs child or something. He just got the sympathy vote.
  • Did she just attack the media? She must be really confident that she did well in this debate if she actually goes out and says that she is gratrful to talk to the people without the media filter. Yeah, that Katie Couric sure is a manipulator, and like, a filterer. Yeah, a filterer. It's a word. Look it up!
  • Hmm, pretty standard closing statements. We will fight for you. blah blah. snooz.

Okay, now to the verdict, substance wise Biden won, but Palin held her own- i.e. didn't commit any major blunders, was actually using big words correctly and even had a couple of good answers there. Style wise Palin won: she seemed more relate able, more common american woman and definitely a Washington outsider. She officially does better in debates or behind podiums than in interviews. Biden looked commanding, but there is something about him that never says "Leader". She has buckets more Charisma than he does, but since she is not the main name on the ticket, I am not sure that counts. On the bright side she just stopped hurting the ticket. Now if she can only give a couple of good press interviews, she just might be able to turn this whole thing around. But so far Obama/Biden are the stronger ticket. They are performing better. It's still anyone's race though.

You just never know.

Comments

1. Marie Claude says:

uh, she avoid to respond to the questions that count, cause she is a mom with 5 weeks experience

This was a parody of debate, the coaches should be VP

here is a “realist” Republican opinion on Palin effect :

2. She has snagged the Republican base for McCain. This is no small task, and she even did it without “ball-busting” — pointing out Joe’s every falsehood and mis-statement.

I swear I heard Joe Biden claim that John McCain has NOT been a “maverick” on the issue of the war in Iraq. Frankly, I’m not bothered enough by it to try find the transcript.

I like her, and I liked her before the debate, and I know very well that the national print media and the Obama-supporting blogs have been carrying a lot of personal slander about her, and making all kinds of false claims about her politics, as well. They’ve had an effect, and so has some very dishonest editing of her interviews. So I know I have a bias, and that other people might not share my response. I was shocked when Frank Luntz’s focus group reacted to the question “Is she qualified for the office of vice president?” They shouted back the answer “Of course!” as if it were insulting to even ask.

It is an insulting question, and a stupid one, as well. There has never been any doubt that she is qualified to serve as vice president. The only reason anybody has asked that question is because Barack Obama is less qualified to run for the presidency than she is.

3. I don’t think “Marie Claude” read that NRO article to the end.

4. Didn’t I tell you about a year ago that Biden can bring in the sympathy vote? And I have never seen him at the Home Depot. I just never get lucky.

5. Marie Claude says:

Valerie, yes I did, it says it’s a parody, though I am afraid that’s not really convincing, sounds like the impression would be more like the same here :

please don’t let here have the nuclear button, but the coffee machine’s

6. Palin sounded like a Parrot nothing else just a parrot :-)

7. valerie come on that focus group on faux news was in the tank for mac!!! posturing for ’12 possibly, ready for prime time now of course not. all she did last night was cheat SNL out of a RFOL skit this weekend and good for her!!!

8. Palin is NO less experienced than The Obamessiah.

She ran a state, for cryin’ out loud! What did he run, a ‘community organization’ – whatever the hell that is.

I find the experience attack on Palin quite chucklesome.

9. peter a guy from nazareth had the same job description…or do you forget hmmmm.

10. Lynn,

Obama is no guy from Nazareth. That is unless you claim he is Messiah.

11. Jesus ran inner city Chicago ‘community organizations?’

And had ties with the Weather Underground?

12. I can’t believe that anyone would compare Palin with a naughty monkey shoes with Obama Oh Lord!

13. Twosret,

I agree, there is no comparison.

Palin is a doer while Obama is a talker and not very good at that.

BTW, what do you think of Obama’s judgment? Why is it that everybody around him either racist, terrorist or some other criminal?

14. ” A total MILF”

In a couple of months the correct acronym will be VPILF!! ;)

Marie said, “This was a parody of debate, the coaches should be VP”

Don’t be fooled for one second that these are debates, they are not. Debate rules are set for the definitive formulation of the thesis you are proposing. These aren’t debates, they’re interviews for people that want to be prom queen.

“Palin sounded like a Parrot nothing else just a parrot”

What would be your animal comparison to Joe Biden’s speaking style?

“chucklesome” is my new favorite word of the day!! I find Joe Biden chucklesome when he’s drunk!! ;)

“peter a guy from nazareth had the same job description…or do you forget hmmmm.”

¿You’re comparing Obama to Jesus? … Really? Stay away from the Kool-aid Lynn.

“Jesus ran inner city Chicago ‘community organizations?’ And had ties with the Weather Underground?”

Yeah, he smoked dope and tried to find himself in the teachings and company of communist supporters too! LMAO!

Two’s, what is your obsession with Sarah’s shoes? Now your getting me thinking about them waaaay more than I should!! I mean one shouldn’t be obsessed with one particular item of clothing or foot wear, should one? Those shoes are killin’ me!! LOL

I’m only gonna say it one more time, ….VPILF!!

I saved this one for last!! Toodles!! :) :) :)

15. http://campaignspot.nationalreview.com/post/?q=ZTVhMThlNjRkZGFlMmUwOWFkNDZkZjk0MzBiY2JiYmY=
    Well the count is up to 22 lies that Biden spoke last night.

Also the tear didn’t work for me at all and the people I watched with motly white working class males thought it made him look like a whimp. Not to mention that it’s about the 5th or 6th time I’ve seen him pill the same thing like he does it on cue.

16. Oh i can’t wait for inauguration ball when senator raises a toast to the new president………oh peter u forgot tony rezko or rizk or are u partial to crooked arab christians???

17. i meant senator mccain toasting the president!!!

18. Lynn, Jesus was not a community organizer and no matter how many time the left says it doesn’t make it true. Amazing how the left finds religion every 4 years.

19. Joe was a jackass like normal! Those who downplay the Governorship forget that Clinton was a governor of an even smaller state than Palin’s is.

20. Tedders is always entertaining for all the wrong reasons.

21. Teddy,

The post about the shoes was for you :-) you remember our talk about her shoes before? I find them uber ugly move your curser man and do a close up on those monkey shoes lol.

22. yeah between cow tipping and raiding arab gas station, he finds time to blurt out racist gems :)

23. gotcha journalism says:

Ok, who needs the middlewoman, I say Palin’s coach for VP! Biden clearly won just because he actually answered the questions while she at best occasionally touched on them while going off on her rehearsed scripts. At least 75% of what she said throughout was all but irrelevant, if not irrelevant to the questions. Then she clearly states she refuses to answer questions as is expected of her. What a moron.

24. gotcha journalism says:

btw, go check the polls on this, Biden won 2:1 anywhere outside Fauxnews.

25. robert bork says:

oh no with all those cutesy winks and her folksy demeanor she won hands down!————-she had me at ‘can i call u joe’ sigh

god help us if this modern day mary poppins becomes the veep.

26. Marie Claude says:

what I read about her prestation, that she wasn’t bad enough to be removed, and that she wasn’t good enough to ensure McCain election.

Otherwise, I have also read that the whole foreign diplomatic corps fears to have to deal with her. May-be they are wrong, she might be a subtile and clever girl, he, we aren’t Americans to know her experience in discussions.

Well, poor McCain, he really wanted to get into trouble, next time he should ask to a recruitment cabinet to make the job

27. Tedders,

What does MILF and VPILF means?

28. “you remember our talk about her shoes before? I find them uber ugly move your curser man and do a close up on those monkey shoes lol.”

Oh yes Twos, I remember our “shoe” talk!! I did like the naughty monkey shoe site where you move the cursor and see every detail, nook and cranny of the shoes on display, I could almost smell the leather!!

christina/ohio nailed it! “Joe was a jackass like normal!”
    Well said young lady!! ;)

“At least 75% of what she said throughout was all but irrelevant, if not irrelevant to the questions.”

“What does MILF and VPILF means?”

Uhm, … uh … I think you might need to ask Sam or our resident anesthesiologist!! ;)

29. Look, Dems are doing the same mistake they did with GWB 8 years ago: they painted the guy (or the woman, in today’s case) as being sooooooooooooooooooooooo fucking dumb, incompetent, a total loser — than they incredibly lowered expectations.
    So when the Republican candidate proves that s/he has an IQ of 35, people would be like – hey, s/he’s not THAT stupid! We can vote for them! Even though, objectively, the Rep candidate remains an inept idiot.

Saying that “Palin” held her own is equivalent to saying that she didn’t break into tears or didn’t do one of the gigantic mistakes she made in interviews. Look, the woman is not stupid. She’s a lousy and incompetent candidate; but she’s not a 4-year old, dammit!

Lowering expectations so much that we’re actually impressed that she heard about Darfur — proves that Dems are doing something very wrong..

Stop showing the Rep candidates for being the idiots they are; and actually bring the debate UP. They will burn, which will reveal they bad they would be for the country.

30. Twosret: a MILF is an ‘older hottie’. Please google “MILF” yourself, though, I’ll leave you the pleasure of decyphering the acronym.. :)
    Alternatively, rent ‘American Pie’.

31. gotcha journalism says:

[quote]So you’ve never heard Bill Clinton or Barry Obama speak?? Suddenly your into clarity and relevance in your political speeches! That’s the pot calling the kettle black!![/quote]

Bill Clinton? Wow, no Carter reference, you’re a rung above the typical neocon fluff.

Pay attention. Bill Clinton isn’t running.

As for Obama, anybody that truly believes his answers to questions in the debate were anywhere in the same dimension of the irrelevant Palin fluff is a certified dimwit. This is not worthy of its own debate though. People are free to believe any lame brained thing they choose to.

32. “Pay attention. Bill Clinton isn’t running.”

“As for Obama, anybody that truly believes his answers to questions in the debate were anywhere in the same dimension of the irrelevant Palin fluff is a certified dimwit.”

Ohhhh Puuleeeeeeze.

33. gotcha journalism says:

: Hahahaha!! Neither is Palin running for the Presidency! But Obama is!!! I still can’t believe it myself!! :

Christ, stupid, Bill Clinton is retired, Palin is today running for VP. I hope you know that.

: Ohhhh Puuleeeeeeze. :

Bababooey?

34. Twosret,
    You know I agree with you on everything, but seeing you arguing with those Sean Hannity extra strength cool aid drinking idiots seriously raises my blood pressure.
    Regarding the meaning of MILF, no one with any sense of decency would dare to explain it to you, either google it or watch the first American Pie when they’re referring to Stiffler’s mom.

35. I find it rather strange.
    Sarah Palin is being insulted by opposition in every way imaginable. Especially her IQ. Yet she is constantly compared to Obama by the same people.
    Ideas?

36. Governor Palin did very well for herself.

Joe Biden merely did well for Obama.

But I have not yet heard anyone from any side express any concern about the most dangerous possibility if Governor Palin is elected to national office.

37. once again to show off your complete lack of class by calling Palin a Milf. Would u call your mom or sister that? I doubt it. Why dont you take the time to explain to your Egyptian readers, who may not be as in tune to American culture as you, what that actually means? I’m sure your US gov sponsors at your other blog were thrilled to read it. It definetely shows your true colors.

38. once again to show off your complete lack of class by calling Palin a Milf. Would u call your mom or sister that? I doubt it. Why dont you take the time to explain to your Egyptian readers, who may not be as in tune to American culture as you, what that actually means? I’m sure your US gov sponsors at your other blog were thrilled to read it. It definetely shows your true colors.

39. 39. Jim: Few guys wanna screw their own mother or sister…! :/

For those of you in the dark, a MILF is a Mother I’d Like to F*ck…

40. Oh my Goodness! so sorry didn’t know what it means :-(

41. Go rinse your eyes and wash your hands Twos!! ;-)

“but seeing you arguing with those Sean Hannity extra strength cool aid drinking idiots seriously raises my blood pressure.”

Mohamed, that’s because Twos has upbringing and class that you and gotcha never had, you’ll very likely will never be able to understand it. Twos and I can disagree (as most of the time we do) and then go have sushi and talk about truly important things. It’s called being a compassionate human being, … you might not understand. ;)

By the way, the definition of a Kool-Aid drinker is someone who laps like lemmings from the shallow bowl of liberal PC ideology. Kool-Aid drinkers are the ones that went first when jim jones said drink.

gotcha seems to fit the description to a Tee, I’m not so sure about you.

42. brooklynjon says:

Gonna get theoretical here.

Acronyms start out meaning the words for which the letters stand, and then take on new meanings or, more accurately, lose the specific original meaning.

LASER (yes, it’s an acronym, even though most people at this point don’t realize it) does mean Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation. Yet people saying “LASER” don’t really mean that. They mean the beam emitted by such a device, or the device itself, without concern for all the individual words abbreviated in the acronym. People say SNAFU or FUBAR without regard to what they specifically mean. Similarly, people use the acronyms for “Ship High In Transit” and “For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge” all the time without specific reference to their actual original meaning. In fact, there is nothing Objectionable to either of these terms, excepting when they get reduced to their respective acronyms.

“MILF” originally was used as the acronym specified in 39, but has come to mean, generically, an attractive woman old enough to plausably be a mother. In her thirties or forties. It no longer means specifically that one does or does not want to do this or that with her. I have heard women use the term, and they obviously don’t want to “F” anyone. The origin of the term, notwithstanding, I disagree with those who would suggest that it is an indecent term. I, personally would avoid using it, as someone who is unfamiliar with it may hear and ask what it means. I, like tedders, would want to avoid having to spell it out to someone with virginal ears.

Incidentally I would use SNAFU, because people mostly understand it, and don’t even know that it’s an acronym. And if anyone wants to know what SNAFU stands for, perhaps someone else could elaborate, as my virginal fingers can’t seem to type it. In Brooklyn, we never use foul language like that! :)

bj

43. scuba=Self Contained Underwater Breathing Apparatus

Check out the variations and related acronyms on the above links!! LOL

My favorite is: BOHICA
    Bend Over, Here It Comes Again :)

44. brooklynjon says:

Bohica is a phrase I used during my nights on call in the hospital on a regular basis! I love that one!

45. brooklynjon, were you interning as proctologist :)

PC. MILF (especially converted to VPILF) is not at level of SNAFU or LASER yet. Plus, I am sure, English has much classier alternatives.

46. “PS” that is.

47. brooklynjon says:

leo,

you’re right…it’s a process. But how far along the process depends on how long and how frequently you’ve used the term. Obviously, for Twosret, the acronym means the words it represents. For others, like the women I know who use that term, it has obviously moved on to some extent.

What alternative would you suggest?

bj

48. How about ‘very attractive lady’.

Carries the same appreciation but does not imply physical action at the same time even though it might be present in one’s mind.

I do not mean to sound prude but for me use of ‘mama’ and ‘fuck’ in the same sentence, however symbolic, does not go very well even though as dirty pig of a man I totally agree with general assessment.

49. Wait a second :-) I don’t agree with the long analysis of bj. No excuse of using such term, especially when it comes to a woman who is going to be a Vice President not a porn star.

This hype about Palin being a sexy hot mama etc… just goes to show that we need a couple of more centuries for men to respect women and see them more than a sex object.

50. leo,

I totally agree with you! my Goodness! what is going on? lol

51. Mohamed,

Welcome back! I haven’t been arguing much my dear ;-) glad to see you back :-) I have to say that Teddy, Bj, Egypeter, and leo now :-) have been very respectful in their disagreement about everything I say and it doesn’t hurt to rub their noses everynow and then :-)

I am actually happy to see that non of use abuse the other verbally because we disagree and that is an achievement on the Sandmonkey blog.

52. As for Palin what a poor choice for any republican really. I can’t imagine anyone will be so blinded and deny the fact that she is a very poor choice.

53. Adam B,
    “Simple, and that shouldn’t realy be an insult to anyone, unless you’re a sexually repressed, timid, insecure, religiously repressed person. For the rest of us, it’s all good fun. ;)

Who is US?

54. Two: The ones not suffering from the mentioned maladies… ;)

SNAFU = Situation Normal All Fucked Up ? :)

55. “especially when it comes to a woman who is going to be a Vice President”

I thought you were finally seeing the light, .. but then you had to go and ruin it for me!! :( LOL

“As for Palin what a poor choice for any republican really.”

“I can’t imagine anyone will be so blinded and deny the fact that she is a very poor choice.”

She revitalized the Republican party and has the Democrats screaming bloody murder running in circles chasing their tails and stepping all over themselves trying to prove her something she is not. It’s quite a chucklesome site!! (thanks egypeter!!) I think for that reason alone she was an excellent choice!!

I really seems to me that the level of attention given to the Republican VP candidate is only exercised at the level it is by Democrats to head off the discussion of how unqualified Obama is to be POTUS. Palin has more executive experience than both Obama and Biden COMBINED and she’s only running for VP!! Palin’s level of experience is a non issue, what the real issue is, is Obama with no experience running anything, ever, is somehow miraculously thought to be qualified to be POTUS by some, he’s not.

56. If I may, besides SNAFU there are:

FIDO – F*ck It-Drive On
    FUBAR – F*cked Up Beyond All Repair/Recognition
    FUBB – F*cked Up Beyond Belief
    FUMTU – F*cked Up More Than Usual
    JANFU – Joint Army-Navy F*ck Up
    TARFU – Things Are Really F*cked Up
    SNAFUBAR – Situation Normal: All F*cked Up Beyond All Repair/Recognition
    FUBAB – F*cked Up Beyond All Belief
    SOL – Sh*t Out of Luck
    TAUFU – Totally And Utterly F*cked Up
    BOHICA – Bend Over, Here It Comes Again

It’s a military thing I believe. Anymore out there we haven’t listed?

57. Why isn’t the media talking about this:

58. tedders @ 58,

To answer your question. It is because media treats Obama as handicap.

They do not believe Obama can win on merits yet want him to win very much.

Honestly, I cannot understand why. I though when we are to elect POTUS we are to elect the best of available choices. What good is it to hide the truth. We all will get to suffer if even half of us is wrong.

59. BOHICA is a new one for me!! I like it, think I’m gonna add it to my vocab!

Tedders, your list cracked me up.

60. I wonder how many fat, old republicans Palin had to blow to get her chance. That’s all she’s good for anyway.

Biden destroyed her in that debate; some people just have a hard time realizing it because she kept smiling and threw in the odd wink and cutesy remark.

61. Twosret,

You are wondering why we all have conversation like normal self-respecting respectable people do.

Because we never lower ourselves to Chris@61′s limits. I hope not all Obama supporters are that air headed.

Chris@61,

Just in case you did not get it yet allow me be as succinct as possible.
    You are cheap ass hole. Competing against likes of you is an insult to one’s intelligence.

62. OMG tedders! stop stop stop!

Sorry leo my eyes can’t read this anymore too much of a guys talk for my taste. I’m outta of here.

63. Twosret,

My apologies.

64. brooklynjon says:

Twosret,

All I can say, is that I’m shocked. Shocked!
    After all I come from Brooklyn, where we speak the King’s English. In fact, that’s why it’s Kings County, even though we have no king. It’s in testimony of our meticulous use of syntax and vocabulary. These words used in this thread – I had never heard them before. Is this how y’all speak down in Texas?

Shocking, I say!

leo,

I don’t get it. What kind of donkey has a hole?

Chris,
    What is “to blow”?

bj

65. “Okay, now to the verdict, substance wise Biden won, but Palin held her own…”

66. “Say what? Biden is so full of it – it is just unfortunate most of us don’t know enough to be able to call his lies on the spot.”

It just takes a day or two after he spoke.

It’s easy to tell when Joe Biden is lying, he’s got his mouth open!

67. bj,

This one is for you it is so funny but the scarey part is that Palin actually said many of those things in her interview with Katie Couric that is not even funny :-)

68. Joanne,

Freaking out aren’t we? that Obama and Biden is actually ahead in polls :-)

69. Oh and bj…don’t you y’all me again ok? lol

70. leo,

you are so sweet :-)

71. bj,

What kind of sentence starts with say what? can you please give us some of your linguistic analysis.

teddy,

I didn’t say you can get out of your room :-)

72. Despite my dispise of Clinton I truly feel for the woman to see someone like Palin a VP lol

73. just when we thought there couldn’t be a worse possibility for the presidency of the united states than george w. bush, the republicans present…

a worse possibility for the presidency of the united states!

yet another impulsive, arrogant, “wouldn’t you rather have a beer with ME than that icky black guy?” personality with the potential to take America as low as it will go.

sandmonkey has no grasp on american issues and a very typical egyptian male attitude towards women (or, as he probably thinks of them, milfs and non-milfs). Good job Sandmonkey!!

74. Mike Nargizian says:

Holy Gawly Gee Joe Six Pack Robin!! I’m morphing into a Liberal Media Elite New Yawker what can I do??
    9/11/01 – 10/01/08

Donchya Nahw the Hawwwkey Mahm fawmer newscaster phony really played up those winks and awww shucksyisms… shit she even fucking said Joe Six Pack (does she really think we’re that much a stupid cleatieu?) – wait didn’t that expression go out in the 80′s?

She must ah… really think wey’re fuckin that stupid and love being patronized… (or that is her GOP handlers must think so….)

Ya naw Robin now I’m really fucked because after watching the Hannity Infomercial Interview with her and the Van Sustren Infomercial Victory Party after the election – oh wait I mean debate – I find myself as nawwwwwwwseated as I was after reading the NY Times and watching MSMedia News after 9/11….

Now I find myself watching the Daily Show, Olberman, and that tall dike on MSNBC and agreeing with them????

I find Dick Morris to be a scumbag and bully and can’t believe Kirsten Powers (gawd bless her!!!!) even countenances these morons…

I am baffled how Sean Hannity and Dick Morris tell the moronic public that she crushed the debate when even their own Fox Poll shows the public thinkd Biden won? and in my opinion Biden was the strongest personality of the 4 even if he does invent mangle some facts…

Finally, ya nawwwwww I must really be morphing into the dreaded liberal media elite because I find it the icing on the cake that NOW -

Ms Hawwwkey mom is telling us that Katie Couric musta tricked her in that interview bcs ya nawwww (wink wink wink) those liberal media elites are outta a touch with us morons….

And that Hawwwwkey mom also says bcs she’s such a regular fawk she didn’t have time to travel to Europe and that’s why she still doesn’t know that citing Russia being off the coast of Alaska is not something you want to repeat 3 different times when running for the Vice President of the United States…

75. Mike Nargizian says:

Must get back to the batcave Robin for re-programming….
    can ya find Kirsten P and ask her to come too…….
    Ok golly gee donchya nawww I gotta go nahw…..

Bat Man aka Mike Nargizian

76. Mike Nargizian,

To much to my disappointment I must agree. All this hokey mom, jo six-pack, … references are sickening. I almost stopped watching the debate. Thankfully, common sense prevailed and she stopped doing it fairly quickly. I wish she’d stop doing it all together.

As to Dick Morris. Guy pissed at Democrats in general and at Clintons in particular. Whatever his beef is I do not care. His opinions, however biased, are interesting.

77. Well, at least Sarah Palin is a straight-shooter, and not a bold-faced liar like Biden and Obama. Those Obama/Biden supporters sure are a gullible lot or they really don’t give a crap how much Obama and Biden lie as long as the democrats take the WhiteHouse….I’m thinking the latter.

78. Joanne,

Being straight-shooter for politician is a death sentence. Sarah Palin’s straightness works only because she is an outsider. It should and it will stop immediately after inauguration.

79. النمس says:

Hey there,
    This is a serious question, and I really don’t know the answer, but with all this talk on here about the lack of *executive* experience for Obama and Biden, I am just wondering how much executive experience McCain has. Because if Palin has more than Biden and Obama combined, as was previously mentioned here, then it would seem, at least to me, that she has more than McCain as well. And if that is the case, why isn’t that being mentioned in the same breath? But then again, I may be (am probably) wrong here.

And as for an of Palin’s “joe six-pack” comments, and how people are just not ready for a regular “joe six-pack” to become VP, I suggest that a regular ole’ joe six-pack pilot her next flight, or deliver her grandchild, or run her bank (well, probably got that last one covered). How would she react?

Ok, I think I’m done :)

Waiting on my absentee ballot here in Iraq…sooooo not gonna show up.

Bye now

النمس

80. The way I see it, most comments on Palin’s lack of experience have mainly hinted at her ignorance of what’s happening outside her own little sphere… Sure, she may have run Alaska (huge in square miles, but tiny in population) but she dosen’t seem to have a clue about the state of affairs of the rest of the country, let alone the rest of the world, and considering the tendency of the US to get involved in overseas affairs, the former might be bad enough, but the latter is a catastrophe!

81. On McCain’s experience.

I can only say what I heard. Many commentators site McCain’s military executive experience as a commander of “biggest something whatever”. Not being military man myself I do not know how well this type of executive experience fits into civil life but one thing is undoubtful, unlike Obama and Biden McCain got an opportunity to lead and be responsible for lives and well being of many.

82. After careful consideration, I have to rate Biden’s Hezbollah comment a FUBAB as I just can’t imagine what it was he thought he was talking about. If Palin had said this, it is all anyone would be talking about.

83. Mike Nargizian says:

leo Says:

Boo hoo hoo for him.. he’s a phony hack now at this point that enamor wore of months and months ago… now he’s just a biased talking point bully making millions off his talking point Fox spots… Hillary makes me nawwwseous but after watching him and Hannity beat up on her for months on Fox it made me sympathetic to her and sick of him… and then after the VP Debate he’s telling me and beating on Colmes, sure annoying too, how she “crushed” the debate? lol! meanwhile their own Fox Poll they mention for a split second even had Biden decisively winning and Obama/Biden got a boost post debate.

Joanne Says:

Wait, she’s a “straight shooter” about exactly what? that she’s gonna do whats in the best interest of the American public, and that’s all I gotta say about that(ok a little Forest Gumpism thrown in).

Straight shooter is when you up to Michigan and tell them those jobs are gone in the world economy and they’re not coming back… that was McCain… what the fuck has she taken a tough stand on thus far? and btw, the comment hurt McCain and helped Buddy from American Beauty, who then picked up on it and used it against McCain in the primaries. (whatever the f his name is)

She barely answered any question and golly gee ya nawwww she’s not gonna answer the questions the moderator or other candidate on stage has to answer bcs she’s a gonna answer what she wants, oh wait what the American public wants to hear “without any filters”….

Another words, no relevant world or domestic events just memorized talking points let’s see if I can spit some of them back at chyaaaa -
    “greed wall street” “joe six pack” golly gee” “say it ain’t so Joe” “looking forward not backward” (bcs we learn nothing from history donchya naww) “Hawwwwkey mahm” “Washington outsider” “Castro” “shout to my Cuban Florida voters…. oh wait I mean 3rd grade elementary school class”….
    wink wink wink wink wink wink….

Also –
    Under any circumstances – NO basic history questions or SC decisions a 9th grade honor student could answer… and no relevant questions to domestic or world affairs that she doesn’t have a fucking clue about donchy nawwww bcs that Katie Couric, the tough interviewer she is, tricked her donchya nawww…

OK you get the point….

And btw, at least Biden can carry a simple freekin conversation about world events even if he’s inventing facts… does she even nawwww where the fuck Lebanon is… or who’s on the Supreme Court donchya nawwwww…

84. Mike Nargizian says:

She’s just an image puppet spitting talking points from her GOP handlers… I don’t begrudge the GOP handlers for that… I’m just amazed that someone that transparent (and I was rooting for her pre debate btw) is gobbled up by so many people? who are now still buying the Fox Newsyisms that the Mainstream Media is to blame for all of her problems…
    Yeah, which would explain why so many conservative commentators were ravaging her prior to the debate…

85. Whoa, what the hell happened here?
    I agree with the person up there with the name that’s not even pronounceable:) I thought she seemed conderscending as well. When she said that bit about the gradeschoolers, I seriously thought I was having a nightmare. I can’t watch anymore..although that guy who played Joe Biden on SNL was funny!

86. النمس says:

Ok, and this again is just my ignorance and being too lazy to look it up…not trying to take the piss. But wasn’t McCain very close to the bottom of his class in Annapolis? At least that is what I read somewhere a while back. SO what kind of leadership position could he have gone into with that? Again, I don’t understand the military or promotions and rankings, but am just curious. In no way an I attempting to downplay his service to the nation or his time as a soldier…he has more guts than me in that regard. And I understand how you do get a sense of leadership that is inherent in being at east in the upper echelons (sp?) of the military, but I still fail to see how that translates to being qualified for President. And this is something I’ve felt with every President that ran on his military experience…that bit has nothing to do specifically with McCain.

And what are the chances of getting my ballot over here in Iraq? I don’t think that anyone is overly excited about adding one more Green Party voter to the ballots, lol.

Thanks for listening :)

Later all.
    –j

87. –j, you had me till you said, “one more Green Party voter to the ballots, lol.”

Now I’m just laughing at myself!! Good on you!!

Yeah, she’s running for President! Makes even Obama look qualified!! LOL

88. النمس ,

I in no way attempt to downplay importance of your curiosity but if you are too lazy to look for the facts I can only sympathize.

89. النمس says:

Yeah, um, safe to say that I will not be voting for my party’s candidate, if by a miracle of the Iraqi Postal Service (is there such a thing?) my ballot does arrive. I didn’t even watch the video (internet is worse than dial-up at the moment) but just reading a few of the comments was enough. Thanks for that.

90. النمس says:

Haha, thanks. I was only joking about the laziness though; just didn’t want to come across as some kind of troll trying to start an argument, and being lazy qualified as my excuse to pose the questions here to you all, without, hopefully, coming across as an idiot. Apparently I failed in that regard :) .

And just for the record, it is not as though I believe Obama is any more qualified than McCain when it comes to the experience aspect. Anyway, after a cursory search, I discovered that he retired as a captain and graduated 894 out of 899. So got my answers, kind of :) Thanks.

– الكسلان

91. “I discovered that he retired as a captain and graduated 894 out of 899. So got my answers, kind of Thanks.”

Even if he graduated 899th out of 899 he still beat 11,000 to 12,000 who applied that year but were rejected.

In order to get an appointment an applicant must:
    . Apply (like at any other college)
    . Pass a DODMERB (Dept.or Defense Medical Evaluation Review Board),
    . Pass or get a security clearance
    . Be accepted by the academy academically
    . Be nominated

Good luck on trying to find someone to nominate you! Do some research to find out that process! Only about 30% of those nominated receive an appointment.

“The US Naval Academy gets from around 11,000 to 12,000 applicants each year. Of which the entering class is just over 1,200 (of which about 900 to 950 graduate and get a commission).”

This isn’t the state school or junior college most of us have experience with, nearly everyone who will read this will have no idea what level of commitment it takes to be accepted into the USNA. My wife has had the privilege of being asked to write recommendation letters for two young men who were accepted and received appointments. These young men are role models and would make anyone I know, of any age pale when comparing their standards and accomplishments with themselves. It is an honor to have met them and actively support them in whatever way we can.

When somebody comes in at the bottom of the USNA class, that still puts him or her in the top 0.001% of this nations academic accomplishments.

92. Twos, Olberman?

He is a lying hack on par with Bahgdad Bob. The 90 year old who shot herself should blame Barney Franks, CRA, ACORN …. for the mortgage fraud we’re seeing.

Drilling now will show results in a couple of years, not ten years. Does he think ten years from now will never come? What was the excuse ten years ago? We won’t see any benefits for ten years? (that’s a lie anyway) Joseph Goebbel’s doesn’t have anything on Olbermann except a few government titles.

Olbermann is a dope with mickey mouse like arguments, he’s a joke.

He compares Palin’s husbands membership in an organization where someone wants to rip a star off our flag to Bill Ayers membership in the weather underground who used explosives to BLOW UP AND KILL PEOPLE!! Can anyone with a brain listen to that jerk off and not laugh hysterically? I can’t! Please do try to use more legitimate sources with real arguments, …please.

The only other liberal commentator that is in love with a thesaurus as Olbermann is Steven Webber. Behold Weber’s crusty but benign, crafty but loquacious literary prose.

Do you think he ever got past 10th grade English? Well maybe Weber does have some rational liberal arguments, best I’ve seen so far!! LOL

93. I won’t post Bill O’Reilly if you’ll lay off the Olbermann, agreed? ;)

94. النمس says:

Right. Although I am not familiar with all of the intricacies of the application process, I am well aware that it takes quite a bit more to get into the academy than just a regular school, and that it is a challenging admissions process to say the least. It is highly difficult just to get admitted to the academies, and only a certain calibre of individual is deemed worthy. This point is not at issue. At no point did I attempt to compare the academies to something like a state school or juco. In addition to that, his IQ has been reported to be fairly high. I never questioned his intelligence.

My argument was related to his “executive experience,” and was solely that, if he graduated near the bottom of the class, how was it that he reached a level where he was able to obtain said “executive experience?” I already proved myself wrong by discovering that he retired with the rank of Captain. And to rise to that level, I assume when starting so low (if that is how it works, this is part of my question), I don’t care who you are or to whom you are related, you must be quite intelligent, assertive, and “mavricky.” I was not questioning his intelligence, just, with the current idea of executive experience, and how it is being tossed about by the media and both parties, whether he has more than his running-mate.

95. “mavricky.” Hehehehe :)

“I was not questioning his intelligence”

I didn’t mean the post as an attack on your position or questions, I was just pointing out a fact that getting in the USNA much less completing the curriculum and finishing is an extremely high accomplishment in itself, something the vast majority of the population could not do. Just sayin … :)

96. النمس,

Perhaps, if you could explain why you decided to concentrate on how well McCain graduated from military school. Do you mean to say it is some sort of measure by which we must assess McCain’s intellect? Well, you have a point of cause. But wouldn’t you think following 50 or so years are actually much more representative? And closer it gets to today the better picture one would have?

However, if you insist on doing it still, may I suggest you do it in parallel in respect to both candidates. My point being that you will have to choose one of them regardless so why not make the most of it.

97. 100